Flight information

035-Alan

Re: Flight information

Post by 035-Alan »

028-Ard wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:08 am thanks roy it seems that DCA is a very relaxed airliner :D

great
Friendliest VA around! :D

By the by... the DCA NH is an awesome Model! I took the HSI Panel from that airplane and imported it into my MJ C-47. The only thing I can find that's funky is the Oil Pressure Gauge; it reads a little Low and the needle rests in the Yellow band, but it doesn't affect the performance of the bird.

Best of Luck to you flying this Year's World Tour!

Alan WR035 :)

028-Ard

Re: Flight information

Post by 028-Ard »

this early morning flight showed me with the panel light, that in my DC3-NH with its standard panel , the oil pressure is showing kindly in the middle of the green. it showed 87 PSI which is good.
this was during cruise with Prop. at 2000 RPM and MP at 30 inch Hg. Oil temperature was about 65 C.
changing the throttle did not change the oil pressure

So if you have the same panel, you better check what is wrong with your oil pressure.
-check first whether the dial is working properly (my Instrument colleagues were always furious if I pointed first to instrumentation during a fault finding session; as many time it was the fault :roll: )
-check the oil level in the sump
-check if there is any water or dirt in the oil, which could reduce the viscosity, resulting in a lower oil pressure
-check the oil temperature, when that is too hot, the viscosity decreases and results in a lower oil pressure
-check the oil pump and maybe the viscosity proper of the oil

<> it may not effect the performance of the bird on short notice, but what about longer time flying with (too?) low oil pressure. better have it rectified. ;)