Flight plans and Xbox pilots?

029-Richard

Flight plans and Xbox pilots?

Post by 029-Richard »

Hi. Took a look at the first flightplan in LittleNavMap. Appears to be a series of six waypoints between two airports.
I fly in MSFS on Xbox.
Is there an easy/accurate way to get this info into a MSFS Xbox flightplan? Are there lat/long coordinates that correspond to each waypoint? I don't see how else I could input them into a MSFS flightplan via its world map.
Any help, suggestions or guidance will be appreciated. Thanks.

1161 Roy Mohlmann

Re: Flight plans and Xbox pilots?

Post by 1161 Roy Mohlmann »

Richard, I hope someone can help you with that question, because I know nothing about X-Box. Did you do a search for that on the various forums?
Roy

029-Richard

Post by 029-Richard »

I have Roy. It seems you can’t really import a .pln or LittleNavMap type file to the Xbox. It *might* work if you had MSFS installed with the same account on both your computer and your Xbox, but I do not.
Many times when flightplans are prepared with Xbox users in mind, the author uses airports or other “points of interest” as waypoints, making the re-creation of the plan in the Xbox world map quite quick and easy.
I will probably fly a basic approximation of the world tour plans anyway, although I won’t submit my times as they would not be accurate. I do love flying the DC-3.

1161 Roy Mohlmann

This video explains how to load a pln flight plan into Xbox
https://youtu.be/2xDOtBz-P5k?si=KywcCZ8d9Z0dHhdS
Hope it works for you.
Roy

Staf2-Johan

Post by Staf2-Johan »

029-Richard wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:59 pm I will probably fly a basic approximation of the world tour plans anyway, although I won’t submit my times as they would not be accurate. I do love flying the DC-3.
Richard, this is not a competition... the DC-3 World Tour is there for you to enjoy your flights in different parts of the world.

Submit your PIREP, the time YOU spent flying the route. Ignore the suggested times, it is only there to give you a clue.

029-Richard

Post by 029-Richard »

Thanks Roy. I do think the method in the video is for MSFS on the pc, as opposed to an Xbox.

And Johan, I will do it, thanks man!

1161 Roy Mohlmann

This video is definitely about MSFS X-Box. You will need LittleNavMap and it is quite a job for some of the flights. But even with the information on the LNM screenshots (see downloads) you should be able to get most of the flights in X-Box.
https://youtu.be/nmBNNTyXt6g?si=zkg9R4M_dg0kpjBW
It’s a learning curve for us as well.
Roy

029-Richard

Post by 029-Richard »

Thanks Roy! The video above is what I do, but I’ll admit to being lazy and find hand copying lots of lat/long coordinates from LNM to the Xbox world map to be a chore. If there are a lot of them, I’ll print a map of the plan and do my best to recreate it visually in the world map, even if I know the waypoints are not precise.
Enjoyed my first flight last night and am looking forward to the other nine. Thanks again man.