Flight information

1161 Roy Mohlmann

Re: Flight information

Post by 1161 Roy Mohlmann »

Tom, the images of the flight plans are under Downloads->Miscelaneous. About exporting to a .pln-file in LNM goto File in in that submenu you can export the flight plan in multiple formats. For more info look at the menu-item Help.

035-Alan

Post by 035-Alan »

Roy,

Thank you for the LNM Screenies; I can plot the Track Waypoints from the screenshot into Plan-G, then create a .pln File that comes pretty close to the Track on the Screenshot. This should work fine.

Thanks again!

Alan WR035 :)

028-Ard

Post by 028-Ard »

Hi , thanks a lot for the organization of this World Tour 2023, it promises to become an interesting and challenging tour.
the flight plans do look Good, though I had to make some corrections to make it fit for FSX; e.g. in flight 02: the airway G5 for WIL is not found, no problem
the flight descriptions are good with some information for a flight preparation.

However , I did expect a little more information on each of the flight descriptions, such as:
- the dates that the flights are opened and closed
- the closing date/time for the posting of the pirep for each flight

It would be nice to have a little more info on the arrival airport, such as:
-NDB, VOR frequencies, or ILS frequency when it is an IFR flight.
-heading and length of the runway

BTW: in flight 02 the altitude for the Munich airport is mentioned as 41' , but according LNM it is 1487'; would give a surprise when you make the approach on a 1000' altitude :(

Yesterday , I have made a trial flight 01, and found it easy to follow the flight plan, made a proper flight and good landing.
My only question raised is the flight duration. The info states 1hr 16 min, but I made it in 1hr 6 min with even a small detour for a better approach heading. Do I make a mistake somewhere? or is it maybe only due to wind speed/direction variations. My airspeed is in the green, just below 160 kts.

1161 Roy Mohlmann

Ard, thanks for your observations. I have made a NOTAM for the correct elevation of EDDM.
You will find the opening and closing dates on the World Tour website under INFO->Dates.
And the dates/times for posting pireps under GUIDELINES. As for the other information that you would have liked: This year our policy is for the pilots to do more of their own flight planning. At the end we will evaluate this.
About your speed. That looks a bit fast. With cruize setting you would be flying 140 kts indicated airspeed. Did you follow the link in the GUIDELINES: How to fly a DC3 in FSX?
Roy

035-Alan

Post by 035-Alan »

Ard,

What's your Power Settings? At Cruise, I shoot for 30# MP/2000-2050 RPM. this gives me around 130-132 Kts. IAS and about 89-90 gph Fuel Burn. (MJ C-47 for FS9). I got this from "Flying the DC-3" at the DC-3 Airways main website. :)

Staf2-Johan

Post by Staf2-Johan »

A pdf document with links to all the flights in SkyVector.

You can easily see the Lat/Lon of the waypoints and can thus plot it in your FlightPlanner.
Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg (47.48 KiB) Viewed 5955 times
SkyVector Flightplan Information.zip
(14.42 KiB) Downloaded 2929 times

028-Ard

Post by 028-Ard »

thanks for your answers, very useful
OK, got it , to allow more input from pilots to prepare a flight, agree fully with that.

The DC3 , I use for these flights is the DCA plane Douglas DC-3NH-Gyro and normally watch the green parts of the IAS dial.
on the speed indeed I fly cruise normally with prop at 2200 RPM, lean mix and MP around 31 in Hg, this brings normally an airspeed of 150-155 kts. it looks like you stick to lower airspeed, but that may depend on the type of DC3 you use? Will slow a little to stay with you'll during the real WT2023 flights.

I read the Guidelines and yes I do follow it sometimes loosely :)

enjoy the flying DC3

028-Ard

Post by 028-Ard »

sorry to bother you again, but I found some discrepancy on the dates for flight 01 and the date that the pirep has to be entered.

In the TAB Info-Dates, below the table with flights and dates is written
quote "....... The Pirep however should be send in before the day after the end date at 12.00 UTC. So the start date is flexible, the end date not." unquote

so for Flight 01 with dates 2-4 October , the pirep has to be in by 5 October 1200 UTC.

However....
In the TAB Guidelines, it is written
quote "VERY IMPORTANT: only ONE PIREP may be submitted for each flight, and the PIREPs must be POSTED within 5 days after the start date of a flight. For example, for the flight published on October 1st, the last day to file a PIREP is October 5th. More information on this subject is available on the PIREPS page." unquote

This however is not correct as Flight 01, is now scheduled for 2-4 October, so within 5 days adds up to 2+4 = 6 October

Also in the TAB PIREPS the statement on end-date for posting pirep is written
quote "PIREPS will be accepted till 5 days after the start-date of a particular flight. " unquote

Concluding, I propose that staff is making some adjustments such that aye) the date for the Flight 01 is consistent and bee) the end time for entering pirep is consistent be it either 1200 UTC the day after the closing date for the flight or the 5th day after the start date for a Flight.

let hope for a consistent correction on all these dates.

For pilots the safe option is to post the pirep ASAP or in any case for each flight before 1200 UTC the day after the closing date; which is the shortest of the periods for pireps.

happy flying

1161 Roy Mohlmann

Ard, don't worry to much about those dates. You won't be fined if a pirep comes in late.
Roy

028-Ard

Post by 028-Ard »

thanks roy it seems that DCA is a very relaxed airliner :D

great