World Tour completed!

025-Philippe

World Tour completed!

Post by 025-Philippe »

Well, being out of home part of October, I did complete the WT somehow early, this time leaving behing my P3D versions and favouring XP12.
Each and every flight was fully enjoyed, being further for me part of my training under this simulator (learning curve, learning curve...)
A great thank you to all the staff and people who prepared and set up this event, providing all the necessary flight plans, information, and files to bring everybody safe at the various destinations!
Looking now for WT2024!
Good flights to everybody, and remember to keep the blue above ;)
Philippe

1161 Roy Mohlmann

Re: World Tour completed!

Post by 1161 Roy Mohlmann »

Thanks, Philippe. Glad you enjoyed it. See you next time.
Roy

033-Geoff

Re: World Tour completed!

Post by 033-Geoff »

I too hugely enjoyed the Rally - it took me to places I'd not ventured before, and I found my interest in modelling airports rekindled when I discovered more 'default' aerodromes with little or nothing more than a runway! I missed getting the final flight in ( through no fault of the Rally or its talented and generous organisers) but I found Norway and the Scandinavian region to have a lot of smaller airports in need of more detail, so I've been 'rebuilding' stock ones with new custom objects (and, where needed, correct alignment to Google-maps using correct Lat & Long co-ordinates). I've done most of the work on ENOV, ENOP and ENSO, though still a bit off completing them. In 'wandering' around Norway I discovered ENTO, Torp Airport where, by strange coincidence, a preserved Dakota (Dakota Norway) has its residence! I've made a good start on this airfield as well, in tribute to the Norway Dakota team - I've done the Tower, Wideroe Hangars, Cargo offices etc and, of course, a reproduction of the Dakota Norway Hangar out on the old airfield dispersals! I will get these airfield constructions completed as soon as I can, and try to get them onto 'Flightsim.com' for free use by anyone who would like to try them! I'll post a screenshot or two of developments so far, to give some idea of what I've already constructed!

Looking forward to 2024!
Geoff