World Tour Flights

033-Geoff

World Tour Flights

Post by 033-Geoff »

Hi,

I found I had a small problem with one of the World Tour flights. My FSX did not have the St. Vincent 'Argyle Int' TVSA airport at all! To solve this I have created one using Jon Masterson's ADEX. It is positioned using Google Earth, and so far has next to no Objects on it. I intend to build custom objects for it when I can -
I have already done a number of the World's "lesser" airfields as and when I found the defaults lacking in accuracy and/or detail. Curiously, one of the other airfields I created my own version of is also featured in the World Tour flights - namely UELL in Russia. I created numerous custom objects for this airport, referring to photos I found on the Web and making drawings with 'Sketchup' which I then convert using ModelConverterX (my thanks to the creators of all these wonderfull development tools!). I have never tried uploading any of my Airports to the Web but, if anyone might be interested in an FSX version of TVSA or UELL I have no objection to trying to get these on Flightsim.com for free use!
I have the Full ORBX Global series installed in my FSX, and the airports I have created have been 'altitude blended' to best fit the Global meshes in my installation. I don't know how well they would sit on default terrain!

1161 Roy Mohlmann

Re: World Tour Flights

Post by 1161 Roy Mohlmann »

That's a very nice offer, Geoff, thanks.
Roy

033-Geoff

Re: World Tour Flights

Post by 033-Geoff »

It's taken me a while to notice the absence, but I'm sure ICAO ref UELL was featured among the W T Flights to begin with!
:? Was I hallucinating?