Livery for World Tour

033-Geoff

Livery for World Tour

Post by 033-Geoff »

I've not done anything like this before with FlightSim, so - quick question - Does the livery only work for the M J model of the DC3, or will it work on the Microsoft DC3 as well?

1161 Roy Mohlmann

Re: Livery for World Tour

Post by 1161 Roy Mohlmann »

Geoff, It will only work for P3D. So far we have not been able to get one for MSFS.
Roy

033-Geoff

Post by 033-Geoff »

Hi Roy,
thanks for the reply.
I've stayed with FSX rather than move to MSFS -
the Aircraft.cfg entry with the livery doesn't look like other entries in my MJ Dakota installation (for one, I have no 'modern' panel folder), and the one small thing that bugs me with the MJ DC3/C47 etc is the 'strobing' effect in VC when the Rotating Beacon is on! I had thought of using the FSX default DC3, though the instrumentation on their panel lacks many modern features! I wasn't sure if this might be problematic when flying the World Tour flights. As I said earlier, I have no prior experience of participating in any event like this!

033-Geoff

Post by 033-Geoff »

Further to this;-

I really must stop asking daft questions :oops: Ive loaded the texture to both the MJ C47 version I have and the default DC3 version, editing aircraft file appropriately for model, panel etc! It works OK on the C47, but on the DC3 the fuselage comes out all black!
Another stupid question, buy does it matter which version of Dakota/DC3/C47 etc is used for the World Tour flights?

btw - I have acquired LittleNavMap and it loads the flightplans OK (it's going to take me a while to learn how to use it properly!!!) How do I get the World Tour flight plans into FSX?

1161 Roy Mohlmann

Geaff, you can take every livery you like. It's all about flying.
Roy

033-Geoff

Post by 033-Geoff »

Thanks again, Roy!

I feel such a 'newbee'!
When I loaded each of the flight plans into LitteNavMap I found that some of them came up with errors detected, as follows;

Flight 2 - Airway G5 not found
Flight 6 - Waypoint GDC not found
Flight 8 - Waypoint EVTAS not found
Flight 9 - Departure point TVSA not found
Flight 10 - Waypoint TIKBO not found

advice?

1161 Roy Mohlmann

Geoff, It does not really mather wheather you have does waypoints in your sim. You have got the route, so you have heading and distance thus you should be able to fly it. Apart from that, look at the icons on top of LNM and check wheather you have airways and waypoints active. But again it's not importend.
Roy

033-Geoff

Post by 033-Geoff »

OK Roy. The main puzzle was that I don't seem to have ICAO 'TVSA' airfield on my system. I made sure by doing full search of FSX for 'TVSA' and it's not there. That surprises me, as I have over 26,300 airfields in the database!
I'll check the Airway and Waypoint settings, but not sure yet how to begin a flight from a field I don't have! Perhaps a search of freeware might come up with something. I'll give that a bash, too. Thanks again, and apologies for being a newbie pain!

1161 Roy Mohlmann

Geoff, Best advice I can think of is to start your flight at TVSV. That’s nearby. Then make a low and slow bypass over TVSA an the start your timer.
Roy. BTW, you are not a pain.